Location: Corporate Headquarters, Twinsburg, Ohio
The Service Area Manager position is responsible for overseeing the field service activities within a given service area.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ultimately accountable for the quality of service provided, customer satisfaction, and efficient use of resources within assigned service area
- Manages the field engineers located in the service area, typically 12 to 20 engineers
- Schedules the work of assigned service personnel
- Ensures all scheduled maintenance work in the service area is completed to the satisfaction of customers in compliance with all Hitachi Healthcare Americas (HHA) procedures within required time frames
- Addresses all unscheduled maintenance calls for the service area, assigns appropriate personnel within the area to respond, documents associated activities in real-time and follows-up with customers to ensure their satisfaction before closing
- Responsible for maximizing field service productivity within the service area
- Manages overtime, parts usage, shipping expenses, and travel and living expenses without negatively impacting customer satisfaction
- Provides input on performance reviews of assigned personnel and carries out those performance reviews
- Ensures service area is in compliance with all company policies, safety procedures, quality procedures, and field service directives
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with other departments within HHA
- Responsible for the maintenance, tracking, and inventory of assigned tools and test equipment in the service area
- Schedules and tracks system installations.
- Reviews, approves and processes time cards, expense reports and billable field service reports for service area
- Participates in rotating after-hours “Duty” schedule as needed. Participation is typically limited to one holiday and/or several weekends per year, though occasional weeknight assignments may occur
- Performs other duties as assigned by the National Service Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related disciple preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum five (5) years of HHA experience, or 7-10 years of industry related experience preferred.
- Previous management experience highly desirable
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Frequently required to sit; talk; or hear.
- Frequently use fingers to type and do other fine motor tasks.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to type 42 words per minute with a maximum of two mistakes per minute required. A typing test will be administered.
- Must be highly computer literate
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Must have strong customer management skills
- Must have good written and oral communications skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, to support assigned area
- Must be willing to travel throughout U.S.A. as needed
- Must have access to a national credit card for reimbursable business expenses
- Must have valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified individuals should forward their resume to