Location: Corporate Headquarters, Twinsburg, OH
The Purchasing and Inventory Control Specialist position is responsible for assisting the Manager, Materials with the procurement of goods and services to support the Hitachi Healthcare Americas (HHA) organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment under the supervision of the Manager, Materials.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Issues and follows-up on Supplier Corrective Action Reports.
- Participates on MRB.
- Works with the Manager, Materials, HHA QA and National Technical Support personnel to evaluate the suitability of suppliers to provide required goods and services.
- Assists the Manager, Materials in running reports related to inventory and suppliers to help ensure optimal stocking levels
- Administers daily cycle counts and quarterly wall to wall counts.
- Completes other administrative duties as assigned by the Manager, Materials.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university preferred; or equivalent work experience required.
- Prior experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Proficiency with PC and Microsoft software applications is required.
- Prior experience with MRP systems preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Usual office working conditions; Ability to transition to warehouse working conditions when needed.
- Good manual dexterity for tasks such as typing.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and kneel periodically.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds with or without assistance periodically.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effective, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified individuals should forward their resume to