Location: Macedonia, OH
The Medical Device Refurbishment Technician is responsible for meeting daily production needs in regards to the refurbishment, testing, and repair of MRI, CT, and/or ultrasound equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Conduct incoming inspections of systems to be refurbished
- Disassemble, clean, inventory, repair, test, reassemble & package systems
- Monitor cryofarm system cryogen levels; connect/disconnect/fill cryostats
- Safely operate pallet jack, fork lift and overhead crane; assist with material handling functions as needed
- Test MRI components as instructed
- Neatly and accurately complete all required documentation
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space
- Follow all HHA safety and quality policies
- Follow the appropriate inventory management practices for the area
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Repair and Refurbishment
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 1-2 years of experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electromechanical equipment.
- Tow motor and crane operating certifications preferred; or the ability to complete these certifications after hire required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to physically work in high magnetic fields of up to 3 Tesla, which could dangerously affect any medical devices implanted in the human body made of ferrous material, potentially causing serious injury and/or death.
- Regular warehouse working environment. Must be tolerant to both warm and cool temperature conditions.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity with the ability to safely use hand and power tools.
- Must be able to stand and walk for 8+ hours per day
- Frequently required to stand; walk, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Must have high attention to detail and bias towards high quality work
- Must be able to work overtime as assigned
- Must be highly self-motivated to work with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Basic PC literacy required
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified individuals should forward their resume to